Saturday, November 17, 2012

Trip to the Craft Fair

Hey everybody! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, school has been über busy!

This weekend I received possibly the greatest surprise ever...
A PLANE TICKET TO VISIT MY FRIEND SAOIRSE IN MAINE!!!!!!!!!!! Her parents emailed it to my parents and it was waiting on my kitchen table when I got home from school. Saoirse really wanted me to visit her for Thanksgiving Break and their was a local craft fair going on in her town this weekend, so she begged her parents to pay for my plane ticket to see her, and everything else fell into place. 

The craft fair was amazing, and I was most fascinated by the many extremely talented artists that were selling their artwork. If I weren't so engrossed in soccer all the time, I may just join art club....


 Here are Saoirse and I with our finds! She couldn't resist buying a funky scarf in her two favorite colors (pink and green), and two adorable hair bows in pink and green. I however, splurged even more than she did and bought a beautiful painting of two ravens so that I could hang it in my room. The painting was too gorgeous to pass up, and I'm so glad I purchased it!


 This is a close-up of her bows...aren't they adorable??!!!! :)


 Here is a close-up of my painting. I just find it so serene and I'm thrilled to be able to put it into my room. 

Finally, here is a close-up of Saoirse's scarf! It's so fluffy! And, obviously, extremely sassy! 

The day was so amazing, and I'm so lucky to have Saoirse as a friend :) 

I'll be sure to post soon, I've just been super busy lately! Have a great weekend and a great Thanksgiving everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. You both found some really great stuff! That painting of the two ravens is really pretty. It will add so much "flavor" to your room! Haha! ;)
    You have a great weekend and Thanksgiving too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, that's what I thought too! :) I hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving Dani!

      Delete