Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving in Rangeley!

Hey everyone!
Saoirse and her family had to travel for Thanksgiving to visit some relatives, but I got to stay in Maine! Saoirse's parents felt really bad that they had flown me to Maine, but then had to turn around and leave, so they called my parents and told them that we could stay in their cabin in Rangeley for Thanksgiving Break! I'm so happy to be here, but it's a little bittersweet considering Saoirse isn't with me, and everything here brings back memories of summer :/ Anywho, tonight my parents and I decided to experiment with the fireplace. We bought a couple of Duraflame logs at the local IGA(an independently owned grocery store), put them in the fireplace and soaked in the warmth.

Here's the fire :) 


My mom snuck up behind me and took a picture. I couldn't help but sit as close as possible to the fire, it gives off such a cozy feeling! :)

My first night in Rangeley seems to be straight out of a postcard. Warm fire, check. Loving family, check. Rustic cabin, check. 
The only thing missing is Saoirse. I have the Thanksgiving episode of Dawson's Creek on repeat, but it isn't the same without her. However, this time of the year is not the time to wallow about missing someone. It's a time to be thankful for what you have, even if they're not always with you, and to try to spread cheer as much as possible. I hope all of you reading this will reach out to help someone out this holiday season and are filled to the brim with joy! Happy Thanksgiving to those of you in the U.S. and happy holidays everyone! :)


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, that fire looks so warm and cozy! What a nice time of year to spend in a cabin. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete