Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Hi everyone!
Merry Christmas to all of those who celebrate it! The morning of the 25th of December has been one of craziness for as long as I can remember. When I was younger and my older brother and sister were still living at home, we would all get up extremely early and try to drag our parents out of bed. Then, family members would begin to show up and soon our whole house was full! Now, I wake up a lot later than I used to, but the house still seems to fill up until it's busting at the seams with people! Anywho, when i woke up this Christmas morning, I had to scramble to find something to wear because people were already showing up, and I was nowhere near ready! I grabbed a random shirt and skirt from my dresser, and wrestled myself into it in record time. I didn't realize until I looked in the mirror in my bathroom that I had grabbed my summer clothes from Belize! With no time to change my clothes, I flew downstairs all the while trying to make myself look as presentable as possible.

After hugging everyone, and eating a massive breakfast because my mom loves to go overboard, IT WAS PRESENT TIME!!!! Now that I'm older I appreciate visiting family more than opening up presents, but still, it's always going to be fun to open gifts!

 The first present I was give was wrapped in a pretty red polka dot gift bag with plum wrapping paper. The tag said that it was all the way from my friend Dani in Maine! Thanks, Dani! 

 I eagerly grabbed the tissue paper and tore it out of the bag!

 Inside was a delicate white box, with a beautiful pink ribbon. 

Finally, inside I found a pair of Ugg sheepskin boots, a pretty pink t-shirt and cute white pants with a heart design on the side. I really needed warmer clothes, so thank you so much Dani!

 Next, I was given a beautifully wrapped box from my mom and dad! The paper was so pretty I almost didn't want to tear it!

 Finally, I decided to take it off as gently as possible. 

 I almost let a squeal of delight escape my mouth when I saw it was a box from American Girl! I really love some of their clothes!

I opened up the box and inside was the coziest outfit I have ever seen! Thanks Mom and Dad! 

 Lastly, I grabbed another present in the same starry paper. It said that it was from my older brother and sister! 

 Inside was another American Girl box! But this time it contained the prettiest coat I have ever seen!

 Here's a close-up of the coat :) Thanks Heather and Jason! 

After opening presents, all of the guys in the family watched football and then went outside to play football in the cold Michigan weather. The girls stayed inside to chat and help my mom and my grandmothers get our huge ham dinner together. However, I became bored with crimping the edges of pie dough, so I went outside to join my Dad and Jason to play some catch in my new coat. 

 I am so thankful I have such a big family that can envelop me in so much love! I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday!

2 comments:

  1. Dia duit, Jess!

    It looks like we got the same coat! Charlotte got it too. It must be popular!

    You got a lot of awesome presents! Merry (late) Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Saoirse!
    Wow! Really? Now we can be triplets! I saw your blog post and it looks like you did too! :) Tell Julie, Kaya and Josefina I said hi! Merry (late) Christmas to all of you guys too! Hope to talk to you soon!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete